What you will learn:
• A clear pathway for structuring your subjective examination to efficiently extract the most important information from your patients.
• The ability to perform a thorough, targeted physical examination based on contemporary research, knowing what to include in your exam and why
• A firm grasp on relevant research into the epidemiology, aetiology and management of common shoulder conditions – including rotator cuff pain, shoulder instability and frozen shoulder
• An understanding of pain and its relationship to shoulder patho-anatomy and the utility (or otherwise) of radiological imaging the skills to confidently establish a differential diagnosis and devise treatment plans
• In-depth knowledge of the evidence for exercise therapy, surgery and injection therapy, how they compare to each other, and key predictors of clinical outcomes
• A strong grip on the principles behind exercise prescription for managing shoulder problems across all recovery phases – from day 1 acute through to end stage return to sport/regular activity
• The ability to confidently ascertain suitable recovery times frames and share this information with your patients
• The assurance of knowing you can provide evidence-based assessment and treatment using a biopsychosocial approach for patients from all walks of life, including when to refer on and when to manage patients yourself
• The satisfaction of being able to help more people and seeing your patients achieve their goals
• The expertise to establish a reputation for excellence in shoulder pain management, helping you get more referrals and build a strong career or practice.
What to expect on the day:
This will be Jared's first live course in over 18 months so expect a great day of learning. The course will run from 8:30am to 4:30pm with breaks for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Coffee, Tea and lunch will be provided however there are endless options with the QVB, Pitt Street Mall and The Galleries all within 5 minutes walk!
"Great course! Very informative... Highly recommend this course for those who are interested with no-nonsense and evidence-based approach"
"That was such a great course. So well researched, explained, accessible. It ties it all together for me..."
"I am really enjoying this course and feel so much more confident in treating patients."
Thousands of clinicians from 50 countries around the world have taken the shoulder physio course.