Microsoft Excel is an excellent business tool because it has numerous functions and formulas to store, evaluate, and modify data effectively. Our course offers in-depth knowledge of Excel's various tips, tricks, formulas, functions, and shortcuts. The course is designed for participants who are already using Excel and need to enhance their professional financial analysis and financial modeling skills. Furthermore, participants of this course will learn to work without a mouse and use keyboard shortcuts to improve and enhance their spreadsheet designing abilities drastically. By enrolling in this course, you will stand out in an interview or move up the ladder in your career with excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
The course will provide a detailed explanation of the basic concepts and swiftly moves to an advanced level to teach new concepts even to Excel pros. The course is designed to ensure that complex ideas are delivered to participants, thereby supporting them in building a solid base needed to create advanced Excel spreadsheets. The course also offers a deep insight into Excel's various functions and complicated formulas, thereby delivering a better understanding of financial analysis and modeling. In addition, the course also covers finance-specific formulas that are important in performing financial analysis.
Who should attend
All individuals who want to improve their advanced excel skills should attend this course
Nontheoretical methodology includes interactive discussions, case studies, interactive games, and assignments to understand the concepts and their applicability.
We carefully choose all our trainers with rich and vast experience in the financial sector. The course will be conducted by an experienced training consultant having more than 20 years of industry experience with some of the world’s leading financial institutions, specializing in corporate finance, investment banking, and corporate fundraising.
Module – 1
Excel: Layout and Keyboard Shortcuts
• An overview of the Excel layout
• What are workbooks, worksheets, cells, and formula bar?
• The ribbon – home, insert page, layout, formulas, reviewing data, view, and help.
• Learning keyboard shortcuts to navigate the ribbon.
Module – 2
Various Settings in Excel
• Reviewing the different general settings in Excel
• What are the formula settings in Excel?
• Studying data proofing, save the language, and the ease of access settings.
• Learning advanced Excel settings, customizing the ribbon, and quick access toolbar.
Module – 3
Effective Presentation Methods
• An overview of inputs vs. formulae.
• Learning how to extract data from pdf into Excel.
• Customizing numbers.
• Developing style templates and merging styles between models.
Module – 4
Formulating Adaptable and Auditable Formulas in Excel
• An overview of relative vs. absolute referencing.
• How to use names to increase formula efficiency?
• Learning various spreadsheet debugging skills.
• Link elimination and circularity issues.
Module – 5
Basic and Advanced Financial Analysis Structure
• Formatting background, special numbers, and column width.
• Font colors, format numbers, and subtotals with paste special.
• Anchoring, formating, grouping cells, naming cells, and editing multiple sheets.
• Conditional formatting and going to special.
Module – 6
Formulas and Functions
• How to use date functions, time periods, and yearfrac function?
• Use of sum, average, sumproduct, and median.
• Rounding and absolute functions.
• Use min, max, small, and large functions?
Module – 7
Data Management and Evaluation in Excel
• How to sort and filter data in Excel?
• Use of SUMIF and COUNTIF functions.
• IF statements in Excel?
• Using the IFERROR function.
Module – 8
Data Mining in Excel
• How to use text and dates in Excel?
• Analyzing the uses and dangers of conditional formatting.
• Various auditing tools.
Module – 9
Constructing Flexible Charts in Excel
• Studying chart setups
• formatting of charts.
• What are dynamic labels?
• Constructing bridge charts.
Module – 10
Pivot Tables Evaluation
• Pivot tables.
• Feature and application for data sorting and analysis
Module – 11
Depreciation with Excel
• Straight Line Method (SLN)?
• Declining Balance Method (DB)?
• Learning about Sum of Years Digits Method (SYD).
• Double Declining Balance (DDB) and Variable Declining Balance (VDB)?
Module – 12
• Simple and compound interest in Excel.
• Financial ratio analysis.
• How to calculate PV and FV?
• Calculating PV and FV of the annuity.
• What are NPV and XNPV?
• What are IRR and XIRR?
Module – 14
Nominal, Effective Rate of Interest, Loan Repayment, and Mortgage
• Loan repayment concepts.
• How to convert nominal rate to effective rate?
• Convert effective rate to nominal rate?
• Use of PMT and PPMT functions.
• How to use IPMT and CUMIPMT functions?
Module – 15
• Studying price (market value).
• What is yield (investor’s required rate or kd)?
• Bond valuation on a coupon date
• Bond valuation between coupon dates.
Module – 16
What-if Analysis, Scenario Analysis, and Sensitivity Analysis
• Goal seek and applications
• Data table and two-way data table.
• Differences between scenario and sensitivity analysis.
• What are the advantages of sensitivity analysis?
Module – 18
Complicated Formulas and Shortcuts for Date, Index, Match, etc.
• How to create complex formulas in Excel?
• Shortcuts for date format, one/two- week intervals, EO and EOM.
• INDEX and MATCH with date format and blank cells.
Module – 19
• What are macros in Excel?
• How to build macros in Excel?
• Coding macros in Excel.
If you need further information, please visit www.riverstonetraining.com.sg or send mail at [email protected]
Riverstone – Corporate Traininghttps://www.riverstonetraining.com.sg